Sunday, May 13, 2012

No news is good news...unfortunately we have news.

So to my dismay, on Saturday as I was yard sale-ing with 2 of my very good friends my home inspector called. Said there was good news and bad news. Of course I wanted the bad news first. He reports according to the lab who did the tests on the mold samples, there are elevated levels of mold on all 3 floors of the house, and outside? Interesting and terrifying. The good news you may ask? It's the mold they use to make penicillin. So at least it won't kill us!! (Although, I am allergic to penicillin, as is my father. But we just get hives). So there is a light at the end of the tunnel! The other news was that as of Friday, when the bank said the gas and water would be on, neither were. So our home inspector, as gracious as he is, has agreed to come to the house when it works for him to inspect the gas and water when they are both up and running. (Seriously, it's the least he could do for me paying him $1300 to talk my ear off all day). 

So we'll see where we go from here. I was googling U-shaped kitchens, because turns out, luck is on our side and we can move the kitchen to the other side of the room to make it so more than one 3 foot tall person could use it :-)

Too bad tomorrow is Monday....get through it everyone. It's the worst day of the week but it will be over before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment